Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Here vs.There

Boston and San Francisco had some interesting news bits in the past few days.

In Boston:

  • The bomb scare story, where Sean Stevens and Peter Berdovsky executed a guerrilla ad campaign. Marketers, take note. The same pranksters videotaped police response to their idea of creating buzz.
  • I guess Mitt was really going to run after all.
  • Talk of weather overrated? Not if I'm spared here from these temperatures.
  • (The three-hour time difference can be a strain to phone correspondence. After a gruelling game of phone-tag, a dear friend reports that she is expecting. Emily, probably one of the most active and athletic women I know, will soon give up the rowing oars to be a mom.)

In San Francisco:

  • "I'm your mayor and I'm an alcoholic." (Chorus: Hi, Mayor)
  • Good golly, Queen Mary! The majestic ship is reported to be the biggest vessel to have ever entered the San Francisco Bay. A mere 30 foot clearance was all there was as the ship cruised under the Golden Gate bridge.
  • Of course. Just my luck - now that I actually would like to get my snowboarding (lack of) skills worked on, snow had been scant in Tahoe. Wasn't I just shovelling my car out of a mound of that last year?
  • (Finished a half-marathon on Superbowl Sunday, leaving my right knee a painfully sore pulp for 2 days. Fun times.)

No comments: