Friday, December 22, 2006

Fa,lalalalala...latte



"Non-fat, half-caff, extra hot, extra foamy grande macchiatto... and his order."

Pantagraph reports an incident of holiday spirit-sharing at a local Starbucks in Bloomington-Normal, Illinois. The article reports that as the customers pulled up the drive-thru window, they have been told that whatever their coffee order is, it has been paid for. Between 9am to 12:57pm, 142 people had "paid it forward" and spread kindness over java.

Shame on that scrooge who placed an order at 12:58pm.

Christmas is not lost in retail madness, apparently. Kindness flourished in that part of town even for only a few hours - a few hours more than what we sometimes care to give.

The post received tons of comments... and I particularly liked this one. (Because it sounded like something I could have written)

Cousin Eddie wrote on December 14, 2006 2:28 PM:
"What a nice town we live in! Any chance of that happening at Best Buy if I attempt to buy a 60" plasma flat-panel TV? I'll be there this afternoon if anyone feels like throwing a little Christmas spirit my way."
Image credit: Slate.com

No comments: