Tuesday, June 28, 2005

At some point, I'll get to Boracay.


Adele and RJ - the avid divers of the bunch - took amazing pictures under water (and over. By the way: I was tempted to post the pictures of everyone on the banana boat - pre-fall, you know, agitated faces and all. Do I get your permission?).

Good job, guys. You found Nemo.

At the height of Boston's non-existent spring in May, my friends back home did a weekender to Boracay - dubbed as one of the best beaches in the Southeast Asian region and renowned all over the world for it's pristine waters and white sand.

While travel plans to Manila are not definitive at this point - I will get there. Just so I won't have to avert my eyes when encountering saavvy world travelers: "You're from the Philippines. So, how are the Boracay Islands? I have always wanted to..."

Thank you for sending those pictures, Del. This one is currently my desktop wallpaper.



* * *

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Asia/Philippines/Province_of_Aklan/Boracay_Island-1407255/TravelGuide-Boracay_Island.html

Interesting comments on this page (apart from good pictures) in accord with the comments on virtualtourist.com about Boracay - while beautiful and all - has given in to commercialization and western culture.

http://home.online.no/~erfalch/boracay.htm

No comments: