Not so much on rock and roll. BusinessWeek featured a list of the World's Top 100 Most Liveable Cities, a report published by Mercer Human Resource Consulting based on what works well with.... the expats? I scanned the list quickly and had my share of agree/disagree/doesn't-make-sense opinions on the entries.
On one hand, "liveable" can be a very relative term.
Interesting to see that the United States did not have a representative until the #27 position: Honolulu, Hawaii. Nothing against paradise, but I am not so certain a liveable city to a local means paying the highest sales tax in the United States with your purchases because of a nature of the tourism-driven state.
Nice to see San Francisco, CA land right after Hawaii.... and surprisingly followed by Boston, MA as the 3rd US contender at #36. Manila has yet to climb up from #123. (Odd. I recall seeing the aforementioned expats in Makati/Alabang last time I was home and they seemed pretty comfortable....)
*Thanks for the tip on the article, sister.
No comments:
Post a Comment