Monday, March 12, 2007

Ides of March

From its roots in the ancient Roman calendar, the phrase is currently used in the context of a mid-month period. "Ides of March" is also a metaphor to describe a disaster forthcoming.

Ides of March = Impending Doom (says Wikipedia). Is a beautiful day/string of days (70 degrees approx. until the fog rolls in) an indication of what's to be feared? Apparently in San Francisco, doom came in a hue of tickled pink.

I was finishing this post and got sidetracked: Sonia Zjawinski posted an article on Metrophile from the Wired Blog Network about an earthquake awareness campaign by the American Red Cross (Bay Area Chapter) in conjunction with ad shop Publicis & Hal Riney. Take a sample of what's to grace the streets of San Francisco.

(I'm afraid. I'm very afraid.)

Photo credits: Thank you, Sai Haridoss, for the snapshot of spring blosssoms on Potrero Hill.

No comments: