I would go for a run after work, every other day - at the most (I used to go everyday by the Charles.... Slacking, I know). Got into a conversation earlier about running routes and upcoming races. I was asked how many miles do I usually run when I do get to go out at night.
"3 miles. I think. 475 Brannan to the end, Embarcadero down near ferry building... detour to Pier 14 (?), back to Embarcadero to Pier 39.. back to Brannan."
I got doubtful looks. Fine. Checked www.mapmyrun.com (Powered by Google. What isn't nowadays?)

If the measurements here are correct, then yes - over 5 miles each time. Some might scoff at this, but boo on them. Awesome - just when I was starting to think my endurance and motivation for a short 3 miler was on the decline.
(Now if I could just go further to Fisherman's Wharf without my knees buckling, that would be great.)
No comments:
Post a Comment